Uday R. Bhate, P.E., Senior Principal/President
With over 48 years of experience in managing large, complex geotechnical design and construction materials engineering projects, Mr. Bhate is known to provide practical and cost-effective solutions for difficult site and subsurface engineering problems.
As a licensed Professional Engineer in 13 states, he has worked on projects across 20 states and served as Principal Engineer on more than 10,000 projects – many of which were fast-track projects, where design and construction activities occurred simultaneously, and numerous projects with construction costs in excess of $3 billion. He has been nationally recognized by his peers and the design/construction industry with construction and engineering achievement awards and was inducted in the Associated General Contractors of Alabama “Construction Hall of Fame”.
A graduate of the University of Bombay and University of Oklahoma in Geological Engineering, Mr. Bhate received his Master of Science from the School of Geophysical Sciences at Georgia Institute of Technology and an MBA from the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
He is regularly asked to speak at engineering seminars and is a member of the Association of Dam Safety Officials. Mr. Bhate serves on the board of directors for the Alabama School of Fine Arts Foundation and the Birmingham Botanical Gardens and is an active member of the downtown Kiwanis Club of Birmingham.
Awards and Recognition
- Alabama Construction Hall of Fame
- American Consulting Engineers Council of Alabama – Past Board Member
- Construction Specifications Institute – Birmingham Chapter – Past Board Member
- Alabama Concrete Industries Association “Chairmen’s Award”
- Birmingham Business Alliance “Business Person of the Year”, “Jesse Lewis Community Service Award”
- Birmingham-Southern College Norton Board of Advisors
- Georgia Institute of Technology “Outstanding Alumni Award”
- Leadership Birmingham
- UAB School of Business “Excellence in Business Top 25”
- University of Alabama at Birmingham – School of Engineering Advisory Board Member