Materials Consultant/Construction Materials Testing Manager
Mr. David Johnson has 25 years of experience in managing geotechnical, construction materials testing and special inspection projects. His geotechnical experience includes subgrade stabilization, shallow and deep foundation observation, pile load testing and retaining wall construction, etc.
David has managed construction materials testing projects for soil, aggregate, concrete, masonry, structural steel, fireproofing, waterproofing, asphalt and concrete pavements, etc. David has performed special inspections as outlined in the International Building Code for soils, foundations, concrete, masonry, steel fabrication and steel erection, precast concrete fabrication and erection and wood framing erection.
Other concrete related experience he has is related to precast, prestressed and post-tension concrete. He has Level 2 certifications in both bonded and unbonded post-tension concrete. With respect to precast/prestressed concrete, he holds a Level 3 certification from the Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute. With his knowledge of prestressed concrete, he has assisted clients to solve problems leading to time and cost savings.
He also has experience performing analysis of pavement failures, performing structural concrete inspections, designing and specifying subgrade stabilization methods, designing concrete foundations and retaining walls and performing assessments of earth dams and their outlet works.
He received his Bachelor of Science and Master of Science in Civil Engineering from Mississippi State University and serves as an Adjunct Professor and Instructor for Soil Mechanics (Soil Engineering), Soil Engineering Laboratory, Foundation Engineering at the University of Alabama at Birmingham Department of Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering.
- American Institute for Steel Construction
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) Committee D-35 Member
- American Concrete Institute
- Deep Foundations Institute
- Geo Institute
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- International Code Council
- Post-Tensioning Institute
- Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) – Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana, Tennessee
- ACI Concrete Strength Technician, Concrete Field-Testing Technician – Grade I, Concrete Construction Special Inspector
- Radiation Safety for Nuclear Gauges, Radiation Safety Officer Training
- Certified F-Number Technician
- PTI Level I & II (bonded and unbonded)
- PCI Level I, II & III
- FDOT Concrete Field Inspector Specification Certification
- FDOT Spec 450 Precast Prestressed Concrete Certification
- FDOT Spc 346 Portland Cement Concrete Certification