Construction Materials Testing (CMT) Technician/Inspector
BHATE Geosciences, a company with over 45 years of experience as a nationally recognized geotechnical and testing engineering firm, has an immediate opening in our southeast division for a CMT staff professional. BHATE provides a culture of professional growth by developing technical expertise, professional ethics and mentoring relationships. Our goal is to develop and cultivate associates to enjoy a successful and long-term career. If you are a motivated, hardworking individual our team is a place for you to thrive.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following are required, but not limited to, for the position:
- Conducting field operations consisting of sampling, testing, special inspections and observation utilizing ASTM, DOT, ACI, AWS and IBC methods and standards.
- Assisting engineering staff with project execution and management through an understanding of engineering practice and construction methodologies as indicated by codes and specifications.
- Proficiency in reading and understanding construction plans and specifications.
- Conduct laboratory analysis of construction materials according to specified methods and standards.
- Physical activities including walking through uneven difficult terrain, long spans of standing and ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Up to 50% overnight travel should be anticipated
Educational Requirements and Skills
A successful candidate will have a High School diploma or equivalent. Candidates with two-year or four-year college degree in science, construction or engineering will be shown preference. Equivalent work history will be considered.
Potential hires must exhibit ability to test and achieve required certification following training by BHATE professional staff. Applicants with current certifications (DOT, ACI, AWS, etc.) or testing laboratory experience will be shown preference.
Candidates with strong communication skills (written and oral) are preferred.
Applicants with work history in civil engineering or construction will be prioritized
Ideal applicants will have proficiency in report writing, organization and utilization of technology.
- Competitive Compensation
- 401(k) matching
- Health and Dental insurance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Holidays, vacation and personal time off
BHATE Geosciences is an equal opportunity employer and drug free work environment. Applicants should have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and a clean driving record. Pre-employment drug screen and ability to obtain security clearance are required.