BHATE Geosciences brings together four decades of geophysics data acquisition and processing leadership with a clear focus on our clients’ needs. We back our experience and knowledge with state-of-the-art technology, staff training and a broad range of services.
Geophysical exploration is conducted to supplement and enhance geotechnical data. 3-D models can be created using a combination of field exploration and subsurface geophysical mapping for site characterization of the geological structure, groundwater, and underground man made conditions.
BHATE specializes in the following geophysical methods:
- Ground penetrating radar (GPR surveys)
- Seismic refraction, seismic reflection, MASW. Seismic refraction investigates the subsurface by generating arrival time and offset distance information
- Electrical resistivity- response of the earth to induced electrical current.
- Microgravity surveys to detect sub-surface cavities or changes in sub-surface density
BHATE uses geophysics, structural condition evaluation of buildings, infrastructure assessment for roads, bridges and runways and other applications. The benefits include:
- Non-destructive. It is ideal for use in populated areas or structures in active use with minimal disruption.
- Cost-effective. Geophysics does not require excavation or direct access to subsurface except for subsequent localized validation of findings It provides a means of evaluating large areas rapidly.
- Comprehensive. Combinations of methods can provide the means of applying different techniques to solve complex problems.
- Proven. The majority of techniques have been in existence for more than a half-century. BHATE has provided geophysics services on a variety of engineering projects for over 40 years.