BHATE Geosciences brings together over four decades of geophysics data acquisition and processing leadership with a clear focus on our clients’ needs. We back our experience and knowledge with state-of-the-art technology, staff training and a broad range of geophysic services.
Geophysical exploration is conducted to supplement and enhance geotechnical data. 3-D models can be created using a combination of field exploration and subsurface geophysical mapping for site characterization of the geological structure, groundwater and underground manmade conditions.
BHATE specializes in the following geophysical methods:
- Ground penetrating radar (GPR surveys) - Read more about GPR and how BHATE was first in Alabama to use this new technology
- Seismic refraction, seismic reflection, MASW (Seismic refraction investigates the subsurface by generating arrival time and offset distance information)
- Electrical resistivity - response of the earth to induced electrical current
- Microgravity surveys to detect sub-surface cavities or changes in sub-surface density
BHATE uses geophysics, structural condition evaluation of buildings, infrastructure assessment for roads, bridges and runways and other applications to provide engineering solutions that are:
- Non-destructive - ideal for use in populated areas or structures in active use with minimal disruption
- Cost effective - geophysics does not require excavation or direct access to subsurface except for subsequent localized validation of findings It provides a means of evaluating large areas rapidly
- Comprehensive - combinations of methods can provide the means of applying different techniques to solve complex problems
- Proven - the majority of techniques have been in existence for more than a half-century