BHATE Geosciences Corporation (BHATE) provides geotechnical, construction materials testing and environmental engineering applications with quality, service, excellence and safety.
BHATE (pronounced bah-tay) was founded on the belief and commitment that we will serve our clients better than anyone in the industry. This simple belief and commitment to our clients' success is the cornerstone of our progress. From our beginning in 1975 in Birmingham, BHATE has grown to prominence and is recognized in the professional and construction community for state-of-the-art value engineering applications. These applications have resulted in technical advancement and effective cost savings in construction for clients.
BHATE operates from our headquarters in Birmingham with offices throughout Alabama (Birmingham, Mobile, Auburn), Florida (Pensacola), and Mississippi (Biloxi and Jackson) to provide engineering services on projects across the South including commercial, industrial, healthcare, infrastructure, airport/transportation, high-rise buildings, educational institutions, athletic facilities and government agencies.
Our team is composed of qualified and experienced engineers and technicians, environmental scientists and geologists with advanced degrees whose strong backgrounds and experience provide a practical approach to solving problems. BHATE maintains a staff of highly qualified materials engineers and technicians that keep abreast of current ASTM, AASHTO, MILSTD, and other specifications used on commercial, industrial and government projects.
Responsiveness to client needs is a key ingredient for success. Our engineers, scientists, and technicians work closely with your project team from the design phase through construction. This assures practical design solutions, enhanced communication and the ability to address complex problems that go beyond typical design issues.
We find the best engineering solution for your project, delivered on-time, within budget and at a competitive price. Our clients recognize that value is not just about having the lowest price.
Motivated and Dedicated
Our team members are motivated and possess qualities that make them the perfect fit for our customer-oriented Quality, Service, Excellence and Safety philosophy. They respect each other and have a sense of urgency and timeliness. Team members take ownership and are committed to the client and BHATE’s mission.
Accountable and Dependable
Integrity is founded on honesty, accountability and delivery. Employees are responsible for themselves and others. They ask for help when they need it and inspire others to achieve excellence. Being dependable means you complete tasks given on time and on budget and solve issues that arise during a project.
Attitude and Consistency
Good attitude is gold. There is a premium put on intangibles like creativity but there is a need for someone who shows up every day and gets the job done. Innovation is backed by hard work.
Committed and Passionate
BHATE team members approach every day as if it is an opportunity to do something extraordinary and are committed to their jobs, team members and clients. They care about the people they are working with and the clients they serve and have fun working together as a team.
Awards, Recognition & Professional Involvement
- Alabama Construction Hall of Fame 2015
- American Consulting Engineering Council “Excellence Award”
- American Subcontractors Association “Engineering Firm of the Year”
- Associated Builders & Contractors “Safest in the Industry” & “Excellence in Construction”
- Associated General Contractors of Alabama “Top 40 Under 40 in Construction”
- Birmingham Business Alliance “Business Person of the Year” & “Business of the Year”
- Birmingham Business Journal “Best in Business”
- Alabama Concrete Industries Association “Chairman’s Award”
- Georgia Institute of Technology Outstanding Alumni Award
- Past Board Member of American Consulting Engineers Council of Alabama
- Past Board Member of Construction Specifications Institute – Birmingham Chapter
- University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Business Outstanding Alumni Award
- University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Engineering Advisory Board
- University of Alabama at Birmingham “Excellence in Business Top 25”
- US Chamber of Commerce “Dream BIG Blue Ribbon Award”