BHATE Geosciences Corporation (BHATE) provides geotechnical engineering, construction materials testing and environmental engineering services with quality, service, excellence and safety. BHATE (pronounced bah-tay) was founded on the belief that we will serve our clients better than anyone in the industry. This simple belief and commitment to our clients' success is the cornerstone of our progress.
BHATE has grown to prominence and is recognized for high ethical standards, as well as technical and problem-solving expertise in engineering applications. These state-of-the-art engineering applications have resulted in innovative solutions and cost savings in construction for clients.
With our headquarters in Birmingham and offices in Alabama (Birmingham, Mobile, Auburn), Florida (Pensacola), and Mississippi (Biloxi and Jackson), we provide engineering services on projects across the Southeast including commercial, industrial, healthcare, infrastructure, airport/transportation, high-rise buildings, educational institutions, athletic facilities and government agencies.
As a minority-owned business, our team is composed of licensed professional engineers, licensed professional geologists, certified technicians, environmental scientists, geophysicists and project managers whose backgrounds and experience provide a practical approach to solving problems.
BHATE's highly-qualified materials engineers and technicians keep abreast of the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO), Military Standards (MILSTD) and other specifications used on commercial, industrial, transportation and government projects. Laboratory personnel are certified by the American Concrete Institute (ACI), American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT), American Welding Society (AWS), and National Institute for Certification of Engineering Technologies (NICET).
We find the best engineering solution for your project, delivered on-time, within budget and at a competitive price. Our clients recognize that value is not just about having the lowest price.
We believe that responsiveness to client needs is a key ingredient for success.
Our engineers, scientists, and technicians work closely with project teams from the design phase through construction. This assures practical design solutions, enhanced communication and the ability to address complex problems that go beyond typical design issues.
In a specialized consulting profession such as geotechnical and materials engineering, keeping current with technological advancements is essential to design economical foundations and earth structures.
Our professionals draw from past experience and current technology to find the most practical and economical way to get the job done.
Motivated and Dedicated
Our team members are motivated to possess a client-oriented Quality, Service, Excellence and Safety philosophy. They respect each other and have a sense of urgency and timeliness. Team members take ownership and are committed to the client and BHATE’s mission.
Accountable and Dependable
Integrity is founded on honesty, accountability and delivery. Employees are responsible for themselves and others. They ask for help when they need it and inspire others to achieve excellence. Being dependable means you complete tasks given on time and on budget and solve issues that arise during a project.
Attitude and Consistency
Good attitude is gold. There is a premium put on intangibles like creativity but there is a need for someone who shows up every day and gets the job done. Innovation is backed by hard work.
Committed and Passionate
BHATE team members approach every day as if it is an opportunity to do something extraordinary and are committed to their jobs, team members and clients. They care about the people they are working with and the clients they serve and have fun working together as a team.
FIRM & INDIVIDUAL AWARDS
- Alabama Concrete Industries Association “Chairman’s Award”
- American Consulting Engineering Council of Alabama “Excellence Award”
- American Institute of Architects of Birmingham “Merit Award”
- Associated Builders & Contractors “Safest in the Industry” & “Excellence in Construction”
- Associated General Contractors of Alabama "Construction Hall of Fame"
- Associated General Contractors of Alabama “Top 40 Under 40 in Construction”
- Birmingham Business Alliance “Business Person of the Year” & “Business of the Year”
- Birmingham Business Journal “Best in Business”, "Pacesetters Award", "Top 40 Under 40"
- Birmingham Minority Business Opportunity Committee "Minority Service Firm of the Year"
- Georgia Institute of Technology "Outstanding Alumni Award"
- SubAla “Engineering Firm of the Year”
- University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Business "Outstanding Alumni Award"
- University of Alabama at Birmingham “Excellence in Business Top 25”
- US Chamber of Commerce “Dream BIG Blue Ribbon Award”