The first proton therapy center has opened in Alabama and BHATE Geosciences is proud to have provided subsurface exploration, geotechnical engineering solutions and material testing services on this project.
BHATE was instrumental in developing this former Parliament House Hotel site in Birmingham into this modern new facility that will help so many Alabamians fighting cancer.
Our services on the Proton Therapy Center at UAB site included:
- Site reconnaissance and geologic map review
- Subsurface utility scanning at the proposed boring locations using ground penetrating radar (GPR)
- Mobilization of a truck-mounted drill rig
- Standard penetration test (SPT) soil test borings including rock coring at 10 locations
- Laboratory analyses to evaluate soil moisture content and index properties
- Preparation of geotechnical report
- Materials testing of concrete, steel, rebar and soils
The Proton Therapy Center at UAB won 1st place in the Associated Builders & Contractors Alabama Chapter 2019 Excellence in Construction Award for general contractor Brasfield & Gorrie.
About BHATE Geosciences:
BHATE Geosciences Corporation (BHATE) provides geotechnical, construction materials testing and environmental engineering applications with quality, service, excellence and safety. BHATE was founded on the belief and commitment that we will serve our clients better than anyone in the industry.
From our beginning in 1975 in Birmingham, BHATE has grown to prominence and is recognized in the professional and construction community for state-of-the-art value engineering applications. These applications have resulted in technical advancement and effective cost savings in construction.
BHATE operates from our headquarters in Birmingham with offices throughout Alabama, Florida and Mississippi.